Your breast milk is very essential for your newborn child, anyone who says that there is no point getting all worked up over spilled milk has never spilled their own. You must store your breast milk in the best breast milk storage bags so that they are safe for your baby and easy for you to use. Momewear, a leading store offering nursing wear for mothers, in the Philippines is selling orange and peaches breastmilk storage bags v3 30’s, for the new nursing mothers.
These storage bags are BPA free plastic bags that can be stored in a pre-sterilized freezer or refrigerator. In every box, there are 10 bags of 2 oz and 10 of 8 oz. every bag is pre-sterilized and has a double zipper lock which gives the guarantee that it won’t leak, the storage bags are made of extra-thick plastics that give tamper-proof assurance. If this is your first time using breastmilk storage bags, you should know the benefits and drawbacks of using them.
Benefits Of Using Breastmilk Storage Bags
- They are less expensive than plastic bottles and glass containers.
- They are more convenient and easy to use and handle.
- You will need to spend less time cleaning as they are disposable.
- They also don’t take up much space in the freezer compared to bottles as they are not at all bulky.
- One big advantage is the milk thaws out more easily in them as compared to storege in glass or plastic bottles.
- The milk remains safe for a long time as the bags are already pre-sterilized.
Few Noteworthy Points Of Using Breastmilk Storage Bags:
- If you are very environmentally conscious then you might not be very comfortable using storage bags, as they can be used only once. but you can try to discard them in a place where it can be recycled.
- Over time the cost of buying them regularly can add up to a lot. although the orange and peaches breastmilk storage bags have a total of 20 bags per pack and the price is only 279 pesos.
- It is, of course, a given that plastic storage bags are not as strong as glass bottles, but it is more mama and baby friendly
- You need to make sure that the breast pump you are going to use is compatible with the orange and peaches breastmilk storage bags, otherwise, you will have to transfer the pumped out breastmilk from a bottle to the bags, this can get messy and time-consuming.